Are you satisfied with your smile? If you have misshapen, chipped, crooked, discolored or uneven teeth, getting porcelain veneers can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. Our experienced dental team in Springfield, MO can create high-quality, custom veneers to complement your smile.
What are veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, outer coverings designed to look like natural tooth enamel. They are custom made to compliment your face shape, smile and gum line. Veneers are great for covering up teeth that are resistant to whitening treatments, and can also reshape teeth that are crooked, too short, etc.
How do veneers work?
Porcelain veneers attach to the front of your teeth – using dental bonding glue or cement – to change their size, shape, or color and create a beautiful, natural looking smile. You may consider veneers if you have large gaps between your teeth or want to change the look of a permanently discolored tooth. Veneers can also enhance the appearance of crooked, pointed, or chipped teeth.
What does the veneers process look like?
- One of our Springfield, MO dentists will prepare the selected teeth by removing a small amount of enamel.
- Next, we will take an impression of your teeth and pick a natural looking shade for your porcelain veneers.
- We will have your custom porcelain veneers made for you.
- When your veneers are ready, our dental team will clean your teeth and put the porcelain veneers in place.
- We will polish your veneers and make any necessary adjustments to the look and feel of your new teeth before you depart.
Caring for your porcelain veneers is simple. All you need to do is brush and floss your teeth regularly. Porcelain veneers are durable and resistant to stains. With proper care, they may last for more than a decade. However, veneers are still temporary and susceptible to chipping or breaking under pressure. You’ll want to avoid behaviors like biting your nails or chewing on ice once your veneers are in place.
Our dental team in Springfield, MO can help you attain beautiful teeth. In only one to two appointments, you could have an affordable new smile with porcelain veneers. Give us a call at (417) 887-5925 or visit our contact page to schedule an appointment today.
At Ukena Brandes Family Dental, you’ll be treated like family at every visit. We listen to your needs to help you make the best decisions for your smile.
Call us to schedule an exam today.